Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
Unleash the power of the Samsung PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 980 PRO for your next-level computing. Leveraging the PCIe 4.0 interface, the 980 PRO delivers double the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0 while being backward compatible for PCIe 3.0 for added versatility.
It delivers read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s, making it 2 times faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12.7 times faster than SATA SSDs.
Contact sales for price and availability – 0207 291 0890.
Designed with hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users in mind, the Samsung 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics and more.
It’s fast at loading games, so you can play more and wait less.
Efficient M.2 SSD
The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops for maximum board design flexibility. The drive is suitable for building high-performance computing systems due to its optimised power efficiency.
Reliable thermal control
High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller’s heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
Smart thermal solution
Embedded with Samsung’s cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, the 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance. To minimise performance fluctuations in the long haul, Samsung’s Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980 PRO’s temperature at optimal levels.
- Application: Client PCs
- Capacity: 1TB and 2TB. 2,000GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Interface: PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c
- Dimension (WxHxD): 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Weight: Max 9.0 g Weight
- Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Controller: Samsung Elpis Controller
- Cache Memory: Samsung 2GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support: Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support: Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support: Not supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes