WD RED 3.5″ HDD Internal NAS
WD Red NAS hard drive built for every compatible NAS system to store your precious data.
With drives up to 6TB, WD Red offers a wide array of storage for customers looking to build a NAS solution. Built and tested for personal and home NAS systems with up to 8-bays, these drives pack all the punch you need in one powerhouse unit for storing, archiving, and sharing.
1-2 day lead time – contact sales for pricing and availability.
Western Digital RED NAS hard drives are long lasting, reliable disks built specifically for your Network Drive, NAS enclosure or RAID tower. WD RED drives are available in the following capacities.
- WD RED 2TB (pn: WD20EFAX)
- WD RED 4TB (pn: WD40EFAX)
- WD RED 6TB (pn: WD60EFAX)
WD RED NAS (Network Attached Storage) drives are built for longevity and reliability not for necessarily for high speed editing as the WD RED are 5400rpm. If you require faster 7200rpm drives then look for a regular desktop drive or the WD RED PRO which are 7200rpm.
Desktop HDD vs WD RED HDD
NAS drives are designed to be on left on 24/7 i.e. a hot environment. Regular desktop drives aren’t typically designed and tested in those conditions. WD Red are!
Error recovery Controls
WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are typically not designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue.
Noise and Vibration Protection
Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems.
Reasons to buy a NAS for you Network Drive
- Optimal compatibility for NAS systems
- Tested for 24×7 reliability
- Specifically designed for use in NAS systems with up to 8 bays
- 3-year limited warranty
- Seamlessly integrates into your NAS system with up to 8 bays
- Designed for the unique system requirements of NAS environments
- Highly reliable, affordable solution for demanding 24×7 networking environments
- Backed by a best-in-class 3-year limited warranty