CalDigit VR2 (4TB – 8TB)
The CalDigit VR2 is two disk RAID system with legacy FW800 interface, eSATA and USB 3.0. Use for Video editing in RAID 0 or dual back up in RAID 1. Configure and monitor with front LCD panel.
- Same Day Delivery – Central London
- Next Day Delivery – Rest of UK
- Click and Collect from our Central London Store
- Cheaper Elsewhere? Call us on 0207 291 0890!
- Unbeatable Technical Advice
£285.60 – £458.40
The CalDigit VR2 is a 2-bay RAID storage device which offers unmatched performance, impressive connectivity and superior quality.
All in a sleek and easily upgrade-able enclosure that is both portable and functional. The VR2 is available in capacities from 4TB to 10TB, please choose from the drop down menu above.
Hardware RAID 0, 1 and JBOD
The CalDigit VR2 features true hardware RAID, which provides an independent CPU and dedicated cache memory to manage the RAID volume. This dedicated processor eliminates additional strain from the host system’s CPU, allowing applications full access.
The Caldigit VR2 can be configured in:
- RAID 0 for maximum performance and storage.
- RAID 1 provides protection – two mirrored copies.
- JBOD for separate disks without the need of a RAID. Use each drive independently.
The quadruple interface supports USB 3.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and eSATA, making the CalDigit VR2 extremely versatile. Two FireWire 800 ports make it easy to daisy chain multiple CalDigit VR2s together without any performance loss.
The CalDigit VR2 uses two hot-swappable drive modules, allowing easy replacement and expansion.
The sleek and “sexy” design is as functional as it is good looking. A front side power button makes powering the unit on and off a breeze, and the all aluminum enclosure is eco friendly and provides additional heat dissipation.
Smart & Manageable
The CalDigit VR2 comes with RAID Tool, a unique software that provides easy management, monitoring, diagnostic reports, email notification and firmware update capabilities. This provides users with interactive assurance.
This easy to use software is the command center for the CalDigit VR2, which allows users to update the firmware. Other two drive arrays lack this important capability, which allows for additional features as well as bug fixes.
The CalDigit VR2 also utilizes a LCD screen that provides detailed information about temperature, fan RPM and hard drive health, so you are always in the know. It also allows configuration without being attached to a computer.
- Available Capacities: 4TB, 6TB, 8TB and 10TB
- RAID 0, RAID 1 & JBOD
- Quad interface: USB 3.0, FW400, FW800 & eSATA, USB 2.0 compatible
- Hot swappable modules
- Sturdy aluminium enclosure
- Ambient temperature controlled smart fan
- Security lock and password protection
- 1 Year manufacturer warranty
JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1