CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 3 RAID HDD (12TB – 24TB)
Call for pricing and availability on this product.
The CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 3 supersedes the now discontinued Thunderbolt 2 version and with it adds extra functionality.
Not only does it provide Multiple RAID modes which can be combined, the Thunderbolt 3 interface also charges the connected laptop and the T4 also provides the ability to connect a 4K monitor using the added display port.
The Caldigit T4 ranges from 4TB up to a massive 32TB and is also available with SSD’s (Call sales for SSD option).
T4 RAID Options
The T4 supports:
- RAID 0 (Performance) – up to 750MB/s.
- RAID 5 (Performance combined with redundancy) – up to 550MB/s.
- RAID 1 (4 automatic backups)
Not only that but the 4 disks mean that you can mix RAID levels. e.g. You could configure two drives to RAID 0 and the other two to RAID 1. That is just a fraction of the possibilities. Get ready to design the RAID you want!
CalDigit T4 Industrious Design
The T4’s die-cast aluminum chassis offers a level of durability unmatched by inferior metals. The aluminum design also helps with heat dissipation keeping the T4 cool at all times.
Other T4 Features:
- The T4’s built-in DisplayPort connector allows users to connect to any monitor they need with resolutions up to 4K@60Hz.
- If you need to add a 5K Thunderbolt 3 monitor you can connect it to the spare Thunderbolt 3 port on the T4 for outstanding visual fidelity.
- Thunderbolt 3’s ability to provide power through the Thunderbolt 3 port allows the T4 to charge the attached laptop.
- By daisy-chaining a Thunderbolt 3 dock, like the CalDigit TS3, to your T4 RAID you can add a host of other connectivity options such as USB, eSATA, DisplayPort and Audio In/Out.
- The T4 features dual Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s Type-C ports for use with Thunderbolt 3 Macs.
- Users can also daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt 3 devices to one Thunderbolt 3 port.
- If you’re using Thunderbolt 2 you can still use the T4 with the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 Adapter (Sold separately).
RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5