HP LTO Ultrium Media (6, 7 and M8)
HP Ultrium LTO tape technology has been designed to deliver exceptional reliability and performance at the lowest cost per GB.
Call sales for pricing and availability on HP LTO-6, LTO-7 and LTO-7 M8 on 0207 290 0890.
The Ultrium format builds on the best of existing technologies. Open standards increase innovation and widen customer choice in terms of performance, capacity, and form factor.
Backed by HP’s exhaustive media qualification process, HP Ultrium data cartridges support all HP and non-HP Ultrium tape devices.
Key LTO Features:
- 30 years archive life.
- Very low media cost per GB.
- Unique coloured cartridge to assist with identification in mixed media environments.
- Improved cartridge design to prevent the leader pin from being pulled from inside the tape housing.
- LTO cartridge memory in media to improve access time and provide enhanced media monitoring.
- Durable cartridge designed to minimise wear and debris (important in automation).
LTO Storage Capacities
- LTO-6: 2.5TB Native / 6.25TB Compressed
- LTO-7: 6TB Native / 15TB Compressed
- LTO-7 M8: 9TB Native / 22.5TB Compressed
LTO-7 Type M Media
With the current shortage of LTO 8 tapes, the LTO Program has introduced a new capability in LTO-8. The ability of an LTO-8 drive in a tape library to write 9TB native on a cartridge manufactured as LTO-7. This is instead of 6 TB as specified by the LTO-7 format.
Such a cartridge is called an LTO-7 Type M cartridge.
The LTO Technology Provider Companies (TPC’s) have agreed upon designating LTO-7 Type M cartridges by using an automation bar code label ending with the last two characters “M8”.
LTO7 M8, LTO 6, LTO 7