mLogic mTape Thunderbolt 3 LTO Tape Drive (LTO6, 7 & 8)
mLogic mTape is an External single bay LTO tape drive which connects directly to your MAC or PC via Thunderbolt 3.
The mTape mounts just like a hard drive allowing drag and drop functionality. Available in LTO6, 7 or LTO8.
Call sales for price and lead time on all mLogic mTape products – 0207 291 0890.
The mlogic mTape is an external LTO tape drive providing connectivity to Mac and PC workstations via the latest Thunderbolt 3 interface (backwards compatible to Thunderbolt 1 or 2 via an Apple Adaptor).
Featuring two Thunderbolt 3 ports, mTape supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt peripherals to a single host.
- LTO Tape has an archive life of 30+ years therefore is ideal for long term storage of your critical digital media.
- LTO Tape reliability exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology.
The mTape LTO Tape drive ships with LTFS Utility software. This is simple drag and drop software however it is recommended to use a more advanced software package.
We recommend using YoyottaID LTFS – compatible with MAC OS.
Use YoyottaID Software to easily backup and catalogue your digital media files on to LTO.
Data Transfer Rates
The data transfer rates vary for each LTO tape drive.
- mTape LTO6 – Transfer rates up to 160MB/s.
- mTape LTO7 – Transfer rates up to 300MB/s.
- mTape LTO8 – Transfer rates up to 300MB/s.
LTO Tape Storage Capacities
Data can be archived as native (not compressed) or compressed, which allows more data to be stored. The storage capacities for each tape are as follows:
- LTO6 – 2.5TB Native (6.25TB Compressed).
- LTO7 – 6TB Native (15TB Compressed).
- LTO8 – 12TB Native (30TB Compressed).
The ‘mTape’ has a small footprint and is easy to use making it the ideal tape storage solution for small businesses and anyone who requires a desktop based archive solution.
mLogic mTape LTO tapes drives are backwards compatible with certain older LTO versions.
- mTape LTO6 – Reads and writes to both LTO5 and LTO6 tapes.
- mTape LTO7 – Reads and writes to both LTO 6 & 7 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes.
- mTape LTO8 – Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes (does not read LTO-6 tapes)
mTape revolutionises LTO, empowering users with the ability to easily connect LTO technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity.
LTO6 with YoYotta Software, LTO 7 with YoYotta Software, LTO6 with LTFS Utility, LTO7 with LTFS Utility, LTO8 with LTFS Utility, LTO8 with Yoyotta